College Resources

Financial Aid

Important Notice

The Financial Aid Office will be closed for file processing on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

File status can be checked online using the Financial Aid Portal at any time.

Gator Choice Debit Card

Coming Summer 2012:
Your Gator Choice Card will give you more options to receive your financial aid disbursement.

Financial aid is available in three forms:

  1. Gift Aid – grants and scholarships
  2. Employment – jobs on or off campus
  3. Loans – low interest with deferred repayment

Financial aid application priority due dates:

  • Fall - March 15
  • Winter - October 15
  • Spring - January 15
  • Summer - April 15 (limited funding)

Financial aid awards are processed throughout the year in the order that files are completed, so it is best to apply as early as possible to receive the funding that is still available. Late applications are less likely to have their award notices completed prior to the start of the quarter.

Paying for college is a challenge for most students. In addition to Financial Aid, Green River provides several funding options to help eligible students with their college expenses. Please check out other funding options through our MONEY FOR COLLEGE link.

Show All | Hide All

To apply for federal, state and institutional financial aid, please complete the following forms by the priority deadline:

  • Fall - March 15
  • Winter - October 15
  • Spring - January 15
  • Summer - April 15 (limited funding)

  1. FAFSA
  2. 2011-12 GRCC Supplemental Financial Aid Application
  3. 2012-13 Green River Supplemental Financial Aid Application - PDF 278 KB

These two applications must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office to complete your file.

If your FAFSA is selected for verification, additional documents will be required. Green River will send you a letter requesting the additional forms. When all required documents have been received by GRCC, students' files are put in line to be reviewed. This process can take up to 3 months before a student is awarded funding.

If your financial aid eligibility has not been determined by the time tuition payments are due, you will be asked to pay your own tuition. You may request a tuition payment plan from Enrollment Services.

Warning: If convicted of possession or sale of illegal drugs while receiving student financial aid (such as grants, loans or work-study) students will lose their financial aid eligibility.

In order to be eligible for financial aid, you must fulfill the following requirements:

  • You have a high school diploma or GED certificate, or have completed 6 college level credits toward your planned college degree or certificate at GRCC.
  • You have been admitted to the college
  • You plan to complete a college degree or certificate program at GRCC
  • You make satisfactory academic progress in your studies
  • You are not in default on a student loan received at any school
  • You do not owe a repayment of grant funds at any college attended
  • You are a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
  • If male, you have registered for selective service
  • You have not been convicted of an illegal drug offense while receiving federal student aid.

Grants are considered need-based financial aid from the government and don’t need to be repaid. Eligibility is generally based upon the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and other screening criteria.

See Financial Aid Programs.

Scholarships are normally considered “gift aid” because they don’t need to be repaid. There are thousands of scholarships with many different eligibility criteria and many different types of applications. Donors set their eligibility criteria in ways that help to direct their funds to the type of education or job training they want to support.

See Scholarships.

Many students work while attending college. Green River offers funding for employment opportunities on or off campus using institutional funds, or through federal and state financial aid work study programs.

See Work Study.

Educational loans are a form of financial aid that must be repaid, with interest.

Educational loans come in three major categories: student loans - Federal Direct loans, parent loans  - Federal PLUS loans and private student loans (also called alternative student loans).

If you have questions, please call (253) 833-9111 ext 2449 or e-mail us at: We are happy to assist you.

GRCC's Title IV School Code is 003780

Error processing SSI file

Contact Information:


  • (253) 833-9111 ext. 2449


  • (253) 288-3473


Copyright © 2012 Green River Community College. All rights reserved.